What is Dirt Cheap Wine?

Since 2007, DCW has been providing you with reviews of wines that are $5 or less per bottle and easily found at your local grocery, drugstore or wine store.

Reviews- Simple, straightforward and written while tasting.

Now onto the wine!


Friday, August 10, 2007

$5 Pinot Noir
47 Pound Rooster
California
Albertsons

I have yet to find a great Pinot in the value range. This one has some nice peppery aromas with a bit of raspberry buried in there. I was trying to pick up something besides the pepper and I almost inhaled it, so I am now moving on to tasting it. Rich, deep blackberry flavors with that signature pinot peppery-ness greeted my tastebuds followed by a medium finish with a tart bite at the end. This is definitely one of the better affordable Pinots and I would buy it again and probably recommend it.

I give this peppery Pinot a 4 out of 5

No comments:

NEW!!
Wine Aerator- A Must-Have for Dirt Cheap Wine Drinkers! A good wine aerator can help to "fix" any weird tastes or funky smells that can accompany a not-so-great bottle of wine. Don't pour it down the drain... pour it through an aerator! See some affordable choices at the Dirt Cheap Wine Store