What is Dirt Cheap Wine?

Since 2007, DCW has been providing you with reviews of wines that are $5 or less per bottle and easily found at your local grocery, drugstore or wine store.

Reviews- Simple, straightforward and written while tasting.

Now onto the wine!


Friday, November 28, 2008

$4 Zinfandel
Napa River
Trader Joes

The first night I opened this wine, I didn't pay that much attention to it. It sat overnight and then I poured a glass the next evening. I smell hints of blackberry, raspberry and coffee after I swirl it around for a moment. A bit of smokiness perhaps. The first sip brings some slight dark chocolate which was quickly replaced with ripened apricots and plums. The next few sips bring out some slightly grassier flavors with a hint of maple. This wine is delicious now and I think it will be even better in 3-4 years. Buy one to enjoy now and three to store in the cellar.

I give this wine 5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

NEW!!
Wine Aerator- A Must-Have for Dirt Cheap Wine Drinkers! A good wine aerator can help to "fix" any weird tastes or funky smells that can accompany a not-so-great bottle of wine. Don't pour it down the drain... pour it through an aerator! See some affordable choices at the Dirt Cheap Wine Store