What is Dirt Cheap Wine?

Since 2007, DCW has been providing you with reviews of wines that are $5 or less per bottle and easily found at your local grocery, drugstore or wine store.

Reviews- Simple, straightforward and written while tasting.

Now onto the wine!


Thursday, May 10, 2007

$6 Syrah
Storyteller 2005
South Africa
Albertsons

The label on this wine was what initially attracted me to it. It starts out with a story on the front, and the end of the story is on the back. As for the wine itself, I was really hoping for a nice full-bodied red, but it didn't quite turn out that way. It was very one-dimensional with little flavor other than the basic syrah. The texture was very watery with very little mouth-feel. I might try it again some other time, but for now I can't say I would recommend it.

I give this lackluster wine 2 1/2 out of 5 stars

No comments:

NEW!!
Wine Aerator- A Must-Have for Dirt Cheap Wine Drinkers! A good wine aerator can help to "fix" any weird tastes or funky smells that can accompany a not-so-great bottle of wine. Don't pour it down the drain... pour it through an aerator! See some affordable choices at the Dirt Cheap Wine Store