What is Dirt Cheap Wine?

Since 2007, DCW has been providing you with reviews of wines that are $5 or less per bottle and easily found at your local grocery, drugstore or wine store.

Reviews- Simple, straightforward and written while tasting.

Now onto the wine!


Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Rating System

I know it is common to rate wines on many levels using a 100-point system or more than 100 points or even a percentage system. I find that those big numbers get a bit confusing and don't tell me what I want to know- should I buy this wine? I use a simpler approach, a 5-star rating system.

5 Stars-
A delicious wine that I highly recommend and will be buying more of it.

4 Stars-
Pretty good for the price, I would recommend it and probably buy it again if it was on sale.

3 Stars-
This is an average wine, nothing special but still drinkable.

2 Stars-
Not a very good wine at all, almost undrinkable, I would not
recommend it nor will I be buying it again.

1 Star-
Bad, bad, bad wine.

I try to use the whole star, but sometimes if I am really torn between two ratings I may have to throw a "1/2" on it.

Cheers!

No comments:

NEW!!
Wine Aerator- A Must-Have for Dirt Cheap Wine Drinkers! A good wine aerator can help to "fix" any weird tastes or funky smells that can accompany a not-so-great bottle of wine. Don't pour it down the drain... pour it through an aerator! See some affordable choices at the Dirt Cheap Wine Store