What is Dirt Cheap Wine?

Since 2007, DCW has been providing you with reviews of wines that are $5 or less per bottle and easily found at your local grocery, drugstore or wine store.

Reviews- Simple, straightforward and written while tasting.

Now onto the wine!


Thursday, July 19, 2007

$5 Shiraz
Matties Perch
South Eastern Australia
Safeway

When I smelled this wine I was expecting nothing since the Cabernet/Shiraz of this same brand had no nose whatsoever... but I was pleasantly surprised. It smelled of berries and raisins and I could smell the dryness too. It was the very picture of a shiraz with bright peppery overtones and softer berry undertones. The label promised me vanilla but what I picked up on was a bit of coffee. It had a nice long, dry finish. I would definitely pick up a bottle of this wine again.

I give it 4 1/2 out of 5 stars.

Chelsie's Tastings Home Page

No comments:

NEW!!
Wine Aerator- A Must-Have for Dirt Cheap Wine Drinkers! A good wine aerator can help to "fix" any weird tastes or funky smells that can accompany a not-so-great bottle of wine. Don't pour it down the drain... pour it through an aerator! See some affordable choices at the Dirt Cheap Wine Store