What is Dirt Cheap Wine?

Since 2007, DCW has been providing you with reviews of wines that are $5 or less per bottle and easily found at your local grocery, drugstore or wine store.

Reviews- Simple, straightforward and written while tasting.

Now onto the wine!


Thursday, August 16, 2007

$3 Syrah
Searidge
California
Safeway

When a wine is only $3 at Safeway you have to question it. And when I opened it I read the back label which I think is missing a word. Not a good sign. Surprisingly it's not too bad though. It has a decent nose and smells of berries. It's a very simple wine, fairly fruity with a slightly bitter finish. I would be disappointed had I spent $10 on it but it is an excellent wine for the price and accessibility.

I give this value wine a 3 out of 5 stars.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

3.00 wow I paid 4.49 a bottle buying 6 bottles.
agree with your comments nothing to write home about...

NEW!!
Wine Aerator- A Must-Have for Dirt Cheap Wine Drinkers! A good wine aerator can help to "fix" any weird tastes or funky smells that can accompany a not-so-great bottle of wine. Don't pour it down the drain... pour it through an aerator! See some affordable choices at the Dirt Cheap Wine Store